MARGE is looking for an Intern specialized in access to sustainable energy
MARGE is looking to recruit an intern to assist its team with the following tasks:
- Monitor calls for proposals/tenders launched matching MARGE’s expertise;
- Follow and support the proposal development of relevant tenders/proposals;
- Carry out data collection on strategies, plans, formats and guidelines published by the actors in the rural electrification and development sector;
- Desk support of ongoing projects.
The candidate should have an avid interest in development aid and sustainable energy issues, be motivated, flexible, take initiative and able to work in a challenging, multi-cultural setting. In addition, the candidate should:
- Be a final year student or recent graduate of a Master (or equivalent) in economics, political or social
- sciences, engineering, development and international cooperation with a focus on energy access/renewable energy;
- Be able to work independently and with initiative;
- Have a good understanding of energy and development issues;
- Be fluent in English, with other languages (especially French) an advantage;
- Be willing to work in developing countries in the long-term.
Full-time, 4 to 6 months. Start as soon as possible, negotiable.
Possibility of contractual hiring at the end of the internship period.
Different locations are possible according to MARGE experts’ locations (Bergamo/Italy, Barcelona/Spain, Enschede/The Netherlands, Blantyre/Malawi).
Contact and application deadline:
Please send your CV and motivation letter to MARGE administrative assistant cbouissiere[at]marge.eu by June 20th 2018, with subject “Internship candidate”.